Qatar articles 19, May 2009Posted by thegulfblog.com in Qatar.
Tags: Doha Centre for Media Freedom, Doha Decleration, Japanese school doha, LNG, MEED, North Field, Qatar, Robert Ménard, tanks
add a comment
Some recent articles on Qatar:
- LNG supply to be mopped up by thirsty China, according to Qatar’s Energy Minister.
- A good summary article of the LNG UK-Qatar relationship which will, among other things, reduce Russia’s strangle-hold on European gas supplies.
- A far more detailed overview of Qatar’s LNG in MEED.
- Germany are to sell main battle tanks to Qatar.
- ‘The Doha Deceleration’ – Qatar’s ‘Doha Centre for Media Freedom’ and UNESCO have made something of a (relatively) bombastic statement on the importance of media freedoms.
- The opening of a Japanese school in Doha.
- A very good Economist article on the limits of freedom facing Qatar’s ‘Doha Centre for Media Freedom’. It focuses on its controversial French director, Robert Ménard, and his apparent desire to either poke, prod and push the powers that be in Qatar into sacking him or to really test the boundaries of Qatar’s press freedom.
- Qatar set to reopen its North Field after a long moratorium.