Arab Universities in world league table 5, September 2011Posted by thegulfblog.com in Iran, Qatar, Saudi Arabia.
Tags: King Saud university league table, middle east universities, middle east universities league tables, Qatar university league tables, world university league tables
I don’t really pay that much attention to University league tables. Well, I do, but I don’t think that they’re infallible by any means and we can all point to absurd examples of where tables chronically lie. But this list is somewhat sobering. Room for improvement, as they say.
Universities in the top 600 list
- 200 – King Saud University, Saudi Arabia
- 221 – King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals, Saudi Arabia
- 300- American University of Beirut, Lebanon
- 338 – United Arab Emirates University, UAE
- 370 – King Abdul Aziz University, Saudi Arabia
- 377 – Sultan Qaboos University, Oman
- 488 – King Khalid University, Saudi Arabia
- 514 – University of Tehran, Iran
- 526 – Umm Al Qura University, Saudi Arabia
- 529 – King Faisal University, Saudi Arabia
- 533 – Qatar University, Qatar
- 534 – Cairo University, Egypt
- 551 – American University in Cairo, Egypt
And unless Kuwait University has simply been missed off by accident in the Gulf News article of the report, it is a chronic indictment of scandalous proportions that it is not in the top 550 overall.